Dr. Adkins, a native of Knoxville, received his General Dental Degree from the University of Tennessee in 1971. After graduation, he practiced general dentistry in the army for two years and in Knoxville for another five.
He then decided to further his dental education by completing a two-year residency program in periodontics at the University of Kentucky. He has been practicing as a periodontist in Knoxville since 1980.
A firm believer in continuing education, Dr. Adkins regularly attends advanced seminars and training in order to offer his patients state-of-the-art periodontal and dental implant care.
Dr. Adkins is a member of all relevant dental societies, including:
General Dental Societies
- Roane County Dental Society (Former President)
- Anderson County Dental Society (Former President)
- Second District Dental Society (Former President)
- Tennessee Dental Association
- American Dental Association
Periodontal Dental Societies
- Greater Knoxville Society of Periodontology
- Tennessee Society of Periodontology
- Southern Academy of Periodontology
- Academy for Periodontal Excellence (Currently Secretary)
- American Academy of Periodontology
Dental Implant Societies
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
On a Personal Note
Dr. Adkins is married with four children and six grandchildren. He enjoys fishing and coaching baseball.